What it means to be inadmissible
Some people aren’t allowed to come to Canada. They’re “inadmissible” under Canada’s immigration law.
A Canadian immigration officer will decide if you can enter Canada when you:
- apply for a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or
- when you arrive at a port of entry.
There are different reasons we may not let you into Canada, such as security, criminal or medical reasons.
If you’re inadmissible to Canada
Normally, if you’re inadmissible to Canada, you won’t be allowed to enter the country. If you have a valid reason to travel to Canada that is justified in the circumstances, we may issue you a temporary resident permit.
If you’ve committed or been convicted of a crime, you have a few options to overcome your criminal inadmissibility.
Penalties for driving while impaired
If you drive while impaired by alcohol or drugs, including cannabis, you may be inadmissible for serious criminality. This means:
- you won’t be able to enter or stay in Canada unless we issue you a temporary resident permit
- you’ll have to pay the CAN$200 processing fee for the permit and there’s no guarantee you’ll be allowed to enter or stay in the country
Why you could be found inadmissible
A Canadian immigration officer will decide if you can enter Canada when you apply for a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), or when you arrive at a port of entry.
If you’re found inadmissible, you’ll be denied a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), refused entry to, or removed from Canada.
You could be found inadmissible for a number of reasons, such as:
- security reasons, including
- subversion (attempts to overthrow a government, etc.)
- violence or terrorism
- membership in an organization involved in any of these
- human or international rights violations, including
- war crimes
- crimes against humanity
- being a senior official in a government engaged in gross human rights violations or subject to international sanctions
- committing a crime, including driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- organized crime, including membership in an organization that takes part in organized criminal activity, people smuggling or money laundering
- medical reasons – this includes medical conditions that:
- endanger public health
- endanger public safety or
- causes excessive demand on health or social services (some applicants are exempt)
- financial reasons – if you’re unable or unwilling to support yourself and your family members
- misrepresentation, which includes providing false information or withholding information directly related to decisions made under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)
- failure to comply with any provision of IRPA or
- having an inadmissible family member.
The process to apply to study in Canada was very difficult and confusing for me, until my friend told me about Uniglobe Immigration… They helped me get my college admission, study permit and also my husband’s work permit in a short period of time. Mr. Ranjbar applied to the best study options that I could have had and it saved me thousands of dollars. The best thing was that they were always approachable and gave quick replies to every query. Also, they are very genuine, careful, attentive and professional. I am really thankful to Uniglobe Immigration and especially to Mr. Ranjbar who turned my immigration case into a success in a very short time. I highly recommend this company for any immigration related services.
UniGlobe is very reliable. They’re friendly and knowledgable. I received a lot of useful advice from UniGlobe regarding my express entry PR application. I highly recommend it to anyone seeking professional immigration services.
He applied for my brother’s PR and the whole process took about 9 months, which is incredible. I really would like to thank him for his great job and helping my brother and his family
I am happy to receive support by such a proactive and dedicated Immigration Consultants like UniGlobe. Since the beginning, They guided me in the right direction and supported me in my journey . Thank you UniGlobe!
Very satisfied! I was cared for even after the contract was done and paid! Thank you very much Uniglobe immigration services 🙏🏻
I was satisfied with this company’s consultation. Each time they helped me a lot to be in the right path for my immigration needs.
Uniglobe Immigration did a great job for my father’s visa application. Thank you
It was an awesome experience thank you !
I strongly recommend their consultation for PR application, especially for new comers.
The Service was available almost any time and they offer options based on your economic status .I found their honesty an invaluable feature among many others. Good luck for them and their costumers!